I copied this from Lisa’s site – thanks Lisa for the great idea!
1. What did you do in 2006 that youâ€™d never done before? Moved off the island!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Um, well I don’t usually stick to them, so I gave up on making them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No I don’t think so… I know several people who have had babies this year, but no one who is super close to me
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness
5. What countries did you visit? Just the USA. We went to Hawaii which was so much fun in May, then we drove across the border a couple times to go to Washington. Once was to go to a couple scrapbook stores, and once was to go to the CK Convention. Hehe, isn’t Brent great for driving me to the States just for scrapbooking stuff? (oh and we did make a special trip to the Sephora store in Bellevue that time. The traffic was so terrible it ended up taking us about an hour to go 4 blocks. I was not too popular that day). And next week we are driving to California to attend CHA!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? I would like to have my parents visit more often (hint hint, are you reading this Mum?)
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Jan 17, we moved to Vancouver and started a new life here. Feb 1 – our first anniversary! First week of July – I spent in Toronto with my sister and her family. August – I spent a couple weeks back home in Victoria with my whole family (my parents and my sister and her family). August 19 – my bunny “Buddy” died. October – Scrap Galaxy was born
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Scrap Galaxy!!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting to the gym as much as I planned to, or should
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Of course, who doesn’t have something wrong? I think we all have our share of problems especially as we get older. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I was diagnosed with it last July. It didn’t come as a huge shock to me though as I have been living with it for 10 years now and I had a sneaking suspicion that I had AS for the past couple years. It is just hard to get a diagnosis for it, especially for women. Yeah I shed a few tears when I left my specialists office that day, but then I thought, well I have it, at least I know what is wrong with me now, and there is absolutely nothing I can do that will ever take it away, so I just have to deal with it and live my life. It could have been worse right? There is always someone out there that has it way worse.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Oh probably our new tv – its a 48 inch plasma – GORGEOUS!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? hmmm…. I’ll have to think on this one
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Appalled and depressed? Well perhaps someone from my past, but lets not get into that …
14. Where did most of your money go? Probably to scrapbook supplies….lol
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Our trip to Hawaii!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Promiscuous Girl, by Nelly Furtado
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, about 5-10 pounds thinner, poorer
18. What do you wish youâ€™d done more of? I wish I went on more long walks with the dogs, went to the gym more, spent more time visiting with my family, written daily in a blog or journal
19. What do you wish youâ€™d done less of? Wasting time…
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Next year? I have no idea right now…
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Yes, with Vancouver. LOL
22. How many one-night stands? I better not say. JUST KIDDING
23. What was your favourite TV program? There are a few that my PVR is programmed for: Desperate Housewives (all time fave), Big Love (awesome awesome show – new season supposed to be starting soon), King of Queens (so funny), 2 and a half men (even funnier – the one with the big lips still makes me howl)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didnâ€™t hate this time last year? I can’t say that I actually HATE anyone
25. What was the best book you read? Oh my goodness, I haven’t read any books since the summer I think. Just been so busy lately. Actually not true. This last week I have read 4 books: The Ultimate Guide to Disneyland, Frommers Disneyland, Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and Anaheim, and Hidden Disneyland. See a trend here?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? My niece! At only 4 years old, the kid has a perfect pitch! I actually took some videos of her with my digital camera of her singing – she has an amazing voice – future professional singer for sure!
27. What did you want and get? my website, hehe
28. What did you want and not get? A wishblade
29. What was your favourite film of this year? Well, that I went and saw in the theater, probably Devil Wears Prada
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29 in November. I went back to Victoria and one night I went out with my friends – we did the bar scene which I haven’t done in YEARS – oh wow, was it fun!! I didn’t get home until 4am. Fun times. The next night my parents took me out for dinner – very yummy and I discovered a new local restaurant there that is now a favorite!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? It was quite satisfying as it was
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Casual most of the time. The other time, I am in my gym clothes. Love that Lululemon attire.
33. What kept you sane? Sugar. Yep I know. How lame is that. But I need it, I crave it. Ever since Halloween I have been on one sugar high after another
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? not sure about this one
35. What political issue stirred you the most? I’ll come back to this one too
36. Who did you miss? I miss not being close enough to my parents that I can just drive over to their house on a whim. Now I have to take a ferry and with my dogs, it turns into quite an ordeal.
37. Who was the best new person you met? I have met more people this year than I have every other year in my life I think!! I met a bunch of new people when I transferred here with my job last year – all my new coworkers and they were great! The 2 people that stand out the very most though are Jodi and Lisa. Jodi lives across the street from me and she rescued me my first day of taking the bus into the city – I was at the wrong bus stop. We can do quite the power shopping trips the two of us, well actually, the 3 of us! Me, Jodi and her 7 year old daughter Dasha! Lisa, I met online through ScrapGalaxy – although she is on the other side of the world, we are so similar it is funny! We have a blast chatting it up on MSN and we have talked on the phone too. I have met so many other great people too – the girls who are part of the scrapbooking meetup group I belong to here locally, and all the fabulous people I have met through Scrapgalaxy! You all know who you are!!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006? Sometimes you just need to take a chance. If you want something bad enough, go for it.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I will think about this…